Last week I took this picture of my cucumbers. They are growing fine. But...they were in need of support.
This week I put up this fence. The cucumbers have grown into the walkway. To coax the limbs to grow up the fence, I took this caution tape and gently looped it around and under the plants for a short space and then tied it to the fence. I did this about six times. I didn't want to damage the plant by messing with it too much. THIS way...it will adjust itself.
I have also been working on this garden. I am still hoping to get it fenced off and planted sometime soon. I have set the corner posts and pulled some string so I can set the rest of the posts.
Another thing I have been working on is taking some plastic fencing to put around the bottom of the fences to keep the baby bunnies out. They can get through my fence. Someone told me they can get through chain link fence too. So the struggle goes on to keep the critters out.
Sadly...I had to pull up a tomato plant. (The tomato was sick.) And a bunch of zucchini plants. The zucchini weren't producing and they had bugs. I am planting more. We shall see if it works. I had to plant cucumbers three times to get some.
You can't call me a quitter